2020 Class Credit for Viewing Presentations
The Center for Undergraduate Research would like to encourage students to read through the presentations that will be posted through the 2020 Online Undergraduate Research Symposium to learn about the great research that their peers are conducting. We'd like to assist instructors who offer class credit for their students to view online student presentations by collecting student feedback forms and notifying instructors which of their students filled them out.
How it works:
All presentations for the 2020 Online Undergraduate Research Symposium will be posted on a Symposium webpage. Students who would like to receive extra credit for a qualifying class will provide a feedback form for four different presentations, as well as answer a reflection question.
Starting on Saturday, April 25th, students getting extra credit for a class for viewing Online Symposium presentations will:
- Go to the Online Symposium website; we will publish the link on Saturday, April 25th.
- Pick four different online presentations to view; you can give feedback on any type of student presentation (ACE Talk, Oral Presentation, Artist’s Talk, etc.).
- Fill out this feedback form for each of the four presentations: Extra Credit Feedback Form (.doc). Information about how to download the Microsoft Office Suite for free for KU students can be found on this website. Keep in mind that these feedback forms may be shared (anonymously) with presenters, so keep your comments constructive!
- Save your four files: each of the feedback forms should be saved separately, with the presentation number as the filename: “132.pdf.”
- Go to this online form to submit your information and your four feedback forms: Link to online form will be posted on Saturday, April 25.
Students will be able to visit the Online Symposium website between Saturday, April 25 and Sunday, May 3, 2020. All extra credit submission forms must be received by 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 3 if they are to be forwarded to the student's instructor. The Center will email the instructor the names of their students who filled out the feedback forms between May 4 and May 7, 2020.
Students should complete their feedback forms individually (not with other classmates); the work you turn in must be your own and in your own words.
Instructors: if you are planning on offering this extra credit option to your students, please send us a quick email by Friday, April 10, 2020 to let us know the name of the class and the number of students enrolled so we can get your class information onto the submission forms that extra credit students will use.