Fall Undergraduate Research Poster Session
2018 Fall Undergraduate Research Poster Session:
December 4th, 2018, 4:00-6:00 pm
Ballroom (5th floor), Kansas Union
The first Fall Undergraduate Research Poster Session provides students with an opportunity to share their academic research with their peers. If you are interested in getting started with research or are seeking a platform to share the results of your scholarship, the Fall Undergraduate Research Poster Session is for you!
The Poster Session will take place on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 from 4:00pm-6:00pm in the Ballroom (5th floor) of the Kansas Union and is open to the public.
Registration deadline: Friday, November 16th, 11:59pm 2018
Ways to Participate
Learn about research
- Attend: See your fellow students present about their work.
Share your work
- Poster presentations: Present your work visually through a poster presentation that you explain to visitors.
- Display of Creative Work: Present and explain your work(s) through a table display.
All KU undergraduate students are invited to attend, whether you are presenting your projects or are simply wanting to learn more about undergraduate research.
Parents, friends, research mentors, and anyone else who is interested in undergraduate research are also invited to attend.
The presenting students have some great projects to share, so don't miss out on the opportunity to learn about some unique research!
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend University of Kansas sponsored events. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Center for Undergraduate Research by November 23, 2018 at 785-864-5733 or email@example.com.
Register to Present your Work
- If you are interested in presenting, complete the Poster Session Registration Form>>
- All students will be asked to provide an abstract or artist statement of no more than 250 words describing their research/creative scholarship. The KU Writing Center website provides tips for writing abstracts.
- Registration must be received by: Friday, November 16th, 11:59pm 2018.
- If you are attending the Poster Session but not presenting, you do not need to register.
- If you are presenting as a group, fill out one registration form for the whole group.
Students can choose to do either a regular poster presentation or a display of creative work (you do not need to specify which one when you are registering):
- Poster presentations: Present your work visually through a poster presentation that you describe to visitors. Presenting students will create a research poster (see examples here>>) and stand next to your poster to discuss your research during a designated time of the Poster Session. Posters should be 3 feet tall by 4 feet wide.
- Display of creative work: You can showcase your creative project through a table display at the Poster Session. You can bring in photographs of your artwork, sketches, textiles, etc. You can also opt to bring a laptop to show short videos or slides of your work. Presenting students will stand next to your work to informally discuss your creative process with visitors during a designated time of the Poster Session.
Prepare to Present
Students participating the in the Fall Poster Session are highly encouraged to attend the poster session workshop that will be held Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 from 4:00-5:00pm in the Kansas Room (6th floor) of the Kansas Union. Students can watch the "Poster Presentation Basics" video to prepare for that workshop.
Research posters should be 3 feet tall by 4 feet wide.