How to Submit Extra Credit for Attending the Online Fall Undergraduate Research Showcase
THE DEADLINE FOR EXTRA CREDIT SUBMISSIONS IS
8:00a.m., MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2020.
The Center for Undergraduate Research would like to encourage students to read through the presentations that will be posted on the 2020 Fall Undergraduate Research Showcase website to learn about the great research that their peers are conducting. We'd like to assist instructors who offer class credit for their students to view online student presentations by collecting student feedback forms and notifying instructors which of their students filled them out.
How it works:
Students are invited to attend the Online Fall Undergraduate Research Showcase in order to get extra credit if their instructor has made arrangements with the Center to offer extra credit. Using their KU login, students will login to complete a set of online presentation feedback forms. The Center will email the instructor the names of students who submitted feedback forms.
If you will be attending the Online Fall Undergraduate Research Showcase for extra credit, you do not need to register to attend. Look through the presentations and decide which four presentations you would like to focus on for your extra credit.
THE DEADLINE FOR EXTRA CREDIT SUBMISSIONS IS 8:00a.m., MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2020.
Starting on Monday, November 30th, students getting extra credit for a class for viewing Online Symposium presentations will:
- Go to the Showcase website at symposium.foragerone.com/kufurs.
- Pick four different online presentations to view; you can give feedback on any type of student presentation.
- Fill out this feedback form for each of the four presentations: Extra Credit Feedback Form (.doc). Information about how to download the Microsoft Office Suite for free for KU students can be found on this website. Keep in mind that these feedback forms may be shared (anonymously) with presenters, so keep your comments constructive!
- Save your four files: each of the feedback forms should be saved separately, with the First Initial.Last Name of the presenter or lead/first presenter listed as the filename: Example: “J.Smith.pdf.”
- Go to this online form to submit your information and your four feedback forms.
Students will be able to visit the Showcase website between Monday, November 30 through Friday, December 4, 2020. All extra credit submission forms must be received by 8:00 AM on Monday, December 7 if they are to be forwarded to the student's instructor. The Center will email the instructor the names of their students who filled out the feedback forms by December 11, 2020.
Students should complete their feedback forms individually (not with other classmates); the work you turn in must be your own and in your own words.
Please email the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!