2020 Undergraduate Research Symposium
23rd Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium
Starting (online) on Saturday, April 25th, 2020
The annual Undergraduate Research Symposium celebrates the diversity of undergraduate research and creative activities on campus. Due to concerns about the spread of coronavirus, the 2020 Undergraduate Research Symposium will be held online instead of in-person. The online Symposium will be a website where PDFs of student presentations are posted and others can learn about their research and creative projects.
Here are some highlights about how the Online Symposium will work:
- Student presentations: Students will upload pdf versions of their presentations (pdfs versions of powerpoint slides for oral presentations, pdfs of posters for poster presentations). These will be uploaded onto a website for people to view. Detailed directions will be given to student presenters.
- ACE Talks: The Center will still be giving ACE Talk awards. Instead of presenting in person, students will upload a video of themselves giving their presentation that will then be posted online.
- Outstanding Presentation Awards: Students who elect to have their presentations evaluated by a judge will still have this option. Judges will evaluate the presentations online, and award recipients will be recognized online and receive a $50 gift card.
- Registration: Students who registered to present prior to March 18 will automatically be registered to share their research through the online Symposium, unless we hear from them otherwise. We are extending the registration deadline to April 1, 2020 to allow students more time to register to present their work online.
- T-shirts: Don't worry, we still plan on providing free t-shirts to all student presenters.