Required Application Materials:
- Student Application Materials: due March 25, 2021, 11:59 PM CST.
- UGRA Student Application Form >>: This link will take you to a page on KU's Academicworks website (ku.academicworks.com) where you can apply for an UGRA. Note that any emails coming through this system will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UGRA proposal (saved as a pdf), uploaded via application form; see the "Proposal" page for guidelines.
- Mentor Reference: due March 29, 2021, 11:59 PM
- When a student turns in their UGRA application, it will automatically generate an email to their research mentor from email@example.com with a link to the mentor reference form for that application. Mentors cannot fill out a reference form before the student starts their application. Mentors will need to create an account in the Academicworks system in order to complete the reference form. If a mentor would like to know whether their student waived or retained their right to see their reference form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can let you know.
- Note: it is the student's responsibility to ensure that the mentor reference form is filled out by the deadline. We recommend that you give your mentor at least 2 weeks notice of the reference form deadline and make sure your mentor knows that the link for the reference will be sent to them once you fill out your application.
Both the Student Application Form and the Mentor Reference must be received in order to be considered for funding. We do not accept late student proposals for the UGRAs. If you experience technical difficulties in filling out your UGRA application online, email your final UGRA proposal to email@example.com by the application deadline; in this case, we can work with you the following day to troubleshoot any technical problems so you can complete your application.
All applicants will be notified about the status of their application after final UGRA funding decisions are made, before the last day of finals.