Rock Chalk Talks
Are you participating in research? Have you learned a thing or two that you'd like to share with your peers?
Then it’s time to present your work in a quick and fun fashion!
Introducing: Rock Chalk Talks, for undergraduate researchers of all disciplines!
Rock Chalk Talks is a monthly event that will put a handful of undergraduate researchers in the spotlight for approximately 6 minutes while they each present their research and talk about certain topics of the month.
Included in the event:
- Undergraduate researchers will present their work while focusing on a theme
- A competitive trivia game after each presentation on the research that was just shared
- Prizes for the winners of the trivia game
- A social hour with snacks and friends
Spring 2018 Schedule
Rock Chalk Talks will take place in the Commons in Spooner Hall. All undergraduate students are invited. No need to RSVP--just show up!
The dates and themes for the fall events are:
- February 8, 2018 4:30-5:30 "Starting My Research"
- March 15, 2018 4:30-5:30 "Research Bloopers"
- April 12, 2018 4:30-5:30 "What My Mentor Taught Me"
Interested in presenting at Rock Chalk Talks?
Apply to be a part of Rock Chalk Talks and give a 6-minute talk about your research to your fellow undergraduate peers! All areas of research and creative projects are welcome and encouraged to be a part of this special event. Although we take research seriously, keep in mind that this event is more laid back than other presentation events-- plan on having some fun with it!
Applications are taken on a rolling basis, though we try to have the schedule set for each event at least 2 weeks ahead of time. The application lists the upcoming talks that we still have speaking slots available for, and students are also encouraged to suggest themes for upcoming events. No worries if you don't have a theme in mind--just submit a few details about your project, and we'll be in contact to figure that piece out!