Summer Undergraduate Research Poster Session
KU's Summer Poster Session provides a venue for undergraduate students to share the results of their research and creative projects. KU students and students who are visiting the university for the summer to do research with KU faculty are encouraged to share their work!
Summer Poster Session Details
Registration Deadline: TBD
Showcase starting: TBD
Online poster presentation:
For students giving poster presentations (see KU poster templates here) they will submit a PDF of their poster.
- Required: Upload a PDF of poster (must be no more than 10MB in size).
- Optional: Upload YouTube video and paste link of video voice over (2-5 minutes recommended) of presenter describing the work/poster.
This will be a public event, so presenters should communicate with their mentor about their presentation before they submit it. If students are presenting research that is proprietary, please consult with us about options for presenting your work.
- Write a draft of a title and abstract or artist statement of no more than 250 words describing your research/creative scholarship. The title and abstract will be posted online, so be sure to review them carefully. The KU Writing Center website provides tips for writing abstracts.
- Review your title and abstract with your research mentor and make any suggested revisions.
- Registration will be due July 26th, 11:59pm 2021.
- If you are presenting as a group, fill out one registration form for the whole group.
- Once you register your presentation, an automated email will be sent to the main presenter/registrant and it will include the presentation submission link.
We will provide student presenters information about basic poster preparation and oral presentation in addition to information about talking about their research in a way that is accessible to a general audience.
Helpful links for preparing a poster presentation:
The Center will hold presentation workshops in the weeks prior to the Summer Poster Session; times will be updated in our calendar. If you missed one of the summer workshops and want more information about what was presented, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.