Class Credit for Viewing the Symposium
The Center for Undergraduate Research would like to encourage students to read through the presentations that will be posted through the 2024 Online Undergraduate Research Symposium to learn about the great research that their peers are conducting. We'd like to assist instructors who offer class credit for their students to view online student presentations by collecting student feedback forms and notifying instructors which of their students filled them out.
How it works:
All presentations for the 2024 Undergraduate Research Symposium will be online at Symposium by ForagerOne. Students who would like to receive extra credit for a qualifying class will submit an online feedback form for four different presentations, as well as answer a reflection question.
Students getting extra credit for a class for viewing Symposium presentations will:
- Go to the presentation section on the Symposium website.
- Pick four different presentations to view; you can give feedback on any type of student presentation (ACE Talk, Oral Presentation, Artist’s Talk, etc.).
- Keep in mind that the feedback may be shared (anonymously) with presenters, so keep your comments constructive!
- Download a Word Doc version of the Feedback Form HERE to fill out. You will upload each feedback form to the online extra credit form. We recommend saving each feedback from as a PDF before submitting it.
- Go to the online extra credit form to submit your feedback for extra credit.
Students will visit the Online Symposium website beginning at 8:00AM on Monday, April 15 through Friday, April 19, 2024.
- All extra credit submissions must be received by 11:59 pm on Sunday, April 21, 2024 if they are to be forwarded to the student's instructor. The Center will email the instructor the list of their students who filled out the Extra Credit form.
- Students should complete their feedback forms individually (not with other classmates); the work you turn in must be your own and in your own words.
If you are planning on offering this extra credit option to your students, please send us a quick email by Wednesday, April 10, 2024 to let us know the name of the class and the number of students enrolled so we can get your class information onto the submission forms that extra credit students will use.